Sunday, May 15, 2011

Couponing for Community - WOW!

The totals are in on the Couponing for Community Facebook page. You may remember that the original goal, nationwide, was to donate 10,000 items to charity between May 8-14. Any guesses how many items were actually donated?

26,639.

10,000 items were posted by Thursday morning. Friday night the number was over 15,000. They big push from the Stanp Out Hunger drive on Saturday put the totals through the roof. Kaley of Cha-Ching on a Shoestring, the amazing force behind this event, has put together a slide show of donations. I'm not sure if my 113 were in there, but I know they were part of the 26,639, and I am so freaking thrilled! I cannot wait for next year. In fact, there is already talk of making this a semi-annual event, which I think would be brilliant.

I hope some of you were able to put out a bag of things for your mail carrier to pick up yesterday, and I really, really hope that some of them were things that you got for FREE with coupons! Did you participate? Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment