Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Couponing for Community haul!

I finally dragged up everything out of the pantry in the basement and assembled it all to get ready for donation! It felt really, really good. My husband's car is packed full and I will be making the trip to the Hockanum Valley Tri-Town Food Pantry tomorrow after work.

I had to take pictures in two separate rounds - my table was too small! Here are the food items:
  • 1 box cereal
  • 2 bottles salad dressing
  • 2 pasta salad mix
  • 1 can pineapple
  • 5 noodle bowls
  • 2 cans soup
  • 2 cans chicken broth
  • 2 jars pickles
  • 2 jars relish
  • 3 jars marinara sauce
  • 7 cans tomatoes
  • 29 food items total

And here are the personal and household items:
  • 20 tubes toothpaste
  • 3 floss
  • 9 toothbrushes
  • 1 bottle mouthwash
  • 12 packages sanitary pads
  • 2 boxes tampons
  • 1 jumbo pack diapers
  • 5 baby lotions
  • 7 body washes
  • 10 bottles shampoo
  • 6 deodorants
  • 5 packages of razors
  • 2 packages of Ziploc bags
  • 1 roll paper towels
  • 84 items total
That's a combined total of 113 items towards the Couponing for Community goal of 10,000! And since my personal goal was 100 items, I am thrilled. I'm estimating that the value of all these items is around $300. I didn't keep exact records, but I think I probably spent less than $10 on all the food, and maybe $15 on all the personal care items. I know that the toothpaste and brushes were all completely free. So were the pads and tampons. The shampoo cost anywhere from $0 to $1 per bottle, so say an average of $0.50 each. Same with the deodorant. The razors and the baby lotions were all free, too. The biggest item was the diapers, which I know I got for $4.

How about you? Have you put together anything to have your mail carrier pick up on Saturday? Don't forget to post your totals on the C4C Facebook page, and please send me pictures and lists to post here!

1 comment:

  1. You are AWESOME!!! I'm picking up stuff this week to donate to Saturday's post office pick-up for charity. :-)

    ReplyDelete